Frequently asked questions
Here you can find the answers to the questions, that we get the most often. If the answer you are looking for is not here, contact us and we will be glad to help with it!
What is the process of ordering a custom rug?
1. You send us a request, specifying the rug you want (size, picture or the idea).
2. We reply with the answers to your questions (if any), our additional questions (if any) and suggestions / price / time estimation.
3. If you are ok with the proposed terms, we start working on a sketch. We send you the sketch and make the additional modifications, until everyone is satisfied with it.
5. After the pre-payment (50% or 100% - they way it is better for you), we order the colors (if needed) and make the rug.
6. When the rug is finished, you pay the second part of the price (if not paid fully) and we send the rug to you OR you can pick it up from our studio and pay via card right there.
*If you buy a wall-hanging rug with your pet from our store, the payment is booked upfront, since we know the price and the details already. However, we will not charge the payment until you are satisfied with the sketch.
How much would a custom rug cost?
The price ultimately depends on the complexity of the design rather than on the size. We can tell you the exact price after you have contacted us.
How and when do I pay?
Payment can be done via Bank Transfer (by invocie), PayPal, cards (online and in person), Klarna, Apple Pay and Shop Pay.
The payment for custom orders can be done after the sketch and all the other aspects are settled.
We can either do 50% after the sketch is done and 50% right before the shipping or 100% as pre-payment.
If you order something from the store, then it is 100% pre-payment.
Are there any limits to sizes & designs?
We would suggest to use simpler designs to make the rugs look clean. But it is better to send us a message about that.
We can make a sketch for a photo you want to use as a base for the rug, or simplify the design that you have if it is necessary.
As for the size, it depends on the design, but we would suggest not smaller than 50 x 50 cm.
How soon can I get my rug?
In general, making a rug takes 7-14 days.
It basically depends on the availability of yarn colors (if we need to order some rare colors), the amount of changes in the sketch and the amount of rugs currently in line.
When the rug is done we ship the order to you via Posti in Finland (2-3 days) or you can pick it up from our studio in Vantaa (usually in 1 - 2 days).
How do you ship?
In Finland we mostly use Posti (takes about 2-4 days) or Matkahuolto for the smallest shipments.
To outside of Finland, we will provide you with the options. Usually in EU it is either Post or GLS (takes about 7 - 10 days). For outside of the EU it is mostly Priority Post or EMS (takes 1-2 weeks).
What happens with unpicked orders?
They will be most probably shipped back to us.
Unfortunately, we will have to charge you for both ways (shipment to you and back with all the related fees) and refund the rest of the money when the package gets back.